Thursday, May 4, 2017

Lit Circles Blog




During the past few weeks in My ELA block 2 class, my fellow classmates and I are reading a book called “The Boy In The Wooden box” A memoir by a holocaust survivor named Leon Leyson. So far I’ve more than half of the book. In the book Leon Leyson started off as an ordinary kid. A supporting family and a nice neighborhood with his friends, he has four other siblings and he is marked the youngest out of the five. But some times when certain events take place it's way different. The family visits dads work town as a vacation. Leon was thrilled to see his dad and the town of Krakow. But then the nazis came and terrorized the city. The dad was sent off to jail and the oldest brother was sent off to fight for the freedom they deserve, while the family struggled in fear.

A character I'd like to meet is Leon Leyson because I can make an easy connection to him. Leyson group up with a sister just like me. In the book Leon found hardships growing up into his teens. He found work by helping his mother and the locals in the village. Just like me he also was bullied by other kids. So after all me and him can relate real fast. It would also be nice to meet him because he sounds like a great listener and a very knowledgeable man. I'm sure he came of some experience so he would be able to give some tips on life. Maybe tell me some of his knowledge on the holocaust and how it is to work for a living, like a job.

After reading. I wonder… if this event wore to happen again how it would effect me and my family and friends. Especially the generations to come because no one should go through this. Everybody can understand that a mass murder of our own kind, our own flesh and blood is not acceptable. Especially when we don't do anything to stop until the mid-future. This one of the most awful things that happens in world history. War and violence. This would be the impact on society if the holocaust were to happen again.








No comments:

Post a Comment